Frequently Asked Questions What platforms are supported?
Where can I download EM?
How do I set up my profile?
- Add your first and last name, choose a display theme color, and add a profile photo. Now you’re done!
What can I send?
- You can send text messages, images, videos, and voice messages.
How do I take back a message?
- Locate the individual message and long press (tap and keep your finger touching the screen) until you get a pop up box with ‘Take it Back’. Once selected the message is deleted from your phone and the recipients phone for good.
Can I send a message to someone who doesn’t have EM?
- Yes, you can send free SMS and email messages from within EM, even if your friend doesn’t have the app.
How do I invite my friends to join EM?
- Simply send them a message through the app. Your friends can choose to write back via SMS, email, or even better, install the app and join you on EM!
How do I create a group chat?
- Go to the Groups tab and press the plus sign in the upper right hand corner. You can then choose a color theme and photo for your group as well as a group name. Next, press the “Add Members” icon to invite friends to your group chat. When you are done adding members, click save and then click on the send message tab on the group screen to start chatting.
What is an AKA?
- An AKA (Also Known As) is a disposable ID, which is public and unique. You can use them to message other users without disclosing identifying information like your name, mobile number, and email address.
What is an AKA good for?
- AKAs are ideal for use outside your circle of regular contacts. Use these alternate contact IDs on other apps (such as WhosHere) or sites (such as Craigslist or eBay). If the volume of traffic from that AKA ever becomes too much, you just delete it.
How do I create an AKA?
- Go to the AKAs tab and press the plus sign in the upper right hand corner. Enter in the AKA name you would like to use and then click save. You can share your AKA profile via Instagram.
How many AKAs can I have?
- You may have up to three AKAs at a time. If you already have three, any time you delete one, you may replace it with a new AKA.